SpringboardVR is the fastest growing location based Virtual Reality management and content distribution platform outside of China, and we are looking for a user experience designer and researcher to join our team as the second person in our Design department!
This position requires strong UX research and UX design skills that can be applied to web, mobile, and VR interfaces. You will need to leverage methodologies to study user behaviour on our platforms in order to create user-centred design solutions. You have strong attention to detail, time management and collaboration skills. You will work with designers, product managers and customers to deliver improvements and new ideas and you will be a strong advocate for the role of research in product development. This role will influence outcomes so you will need to present well-informed directions at the design stage.
This is a full-time contract position for 40 hours a week. It will initially be a 3 month contract followed by a yearly contract. We are unable to provide any U.S. Visa sponsorship.
We are a small fully remote company with most of the team located in North America and Europe. We are open to someone in any time zone, with a preference to North America and South America.
- Work closely with others on the product team on user stories, user flows, information architecture, UX copywriting and wireframing
- Identify existing UX issues and develop UX recommendations
- Understand competitive product offerings and customer needs and present analysis and resulting opportunities to product stakeholder and leadership
- Conduct the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
- Work closely with others on the product team to plan and organize user research, customer interviews and user tests
- Work with the development and QA teams to ensure the experience is built as designed
- Ensure that research data and design documentation are consistently gathered and archived
- At least 2 years of professional experience working on digital products
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong skills in UX research, design and process
- Applied experience with UX research techniques, planning and running user tests, analyzing findings and articulating results
- Applied experience with UX copywriting and designing information architecture, user flows, user journeys and wireframes for multiple platforms
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch
- Experience working with developers for implementation of designs
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with virtual, augmented or mixed reality a plus
This is a full-time contractor position with the possibility of becoming a salaried employee in the future for U.S. citizens.
- Salary between $30 and $50 per hour
- Working 40 hours a week with no overtime, we value work/life balance!
- Paid every 2 weeks
- Initially a 3 month trial period contract followed by a 1 year contract
- Fully remote team