TL;DR We’re looking to hire our first full-time product designer! As the product designer, you'll be responsible for designing new product features, improving the design of existing features and establishing the design culture at Sierra. #saas #remoteok
(This role can be 100% remote but you must be located in one of the four U.S. time zones.)
Sierra Interactive is a small (and growing!) real estate technology company based out of Louisville with an expanding remote team. Our purpose is simple: to help real estate professionals close more deals. Our clients include more than 1,000 top agents, teams and brokers across the U.S. and Canada. We launched our first SaaS product a few years ago and were thrilled with the response -- we’ve more than doubled our user base in the past year and continue to experience strong growth. Our clients have helped us to crystallize an exciting roadmap for the next few years…and that’s where you come in.
About this role...
You'll work closely with multiple members of our team to build innovative, engaging solutions that empower Realtors to grow their businesses. Our customers rely on our products as an essential part of their daily operations, and we're committed to providing them tools to help them succeed in an increasingly competitive landscape. Our entire product team is 100% remote and distributed across multiple time zones, so you’ll need to be comfortable designing in this environment.
Day-to-day you will…
- Act as the design lead on the product team, managing all aspects of design for product enhancements.
- Work with the product management team to design simple, easy to use solutions for our clients.
- Manage multiple design projects at one time -- all in various stages, requiring differing levels of efforts.
- Communicate, explain, persuade, explore and otherwise get a lot of the things done in writing. (Yes, we meet with each other regularly, but as a remote team across many time zones, a lot of our collaboration is asynchronous and written.)
We’re looking for a designer with...
- 5+ years of experience designing software products (preferably in a SaaS environment).
- A portfolio showcasing your skills in interaction and visual design for software products.
- Websites and graphic design is fine but we’re really looking for case studies of digital product experience (e.g., web apps, iOS apps, wordpress plugins, etc.), especially adding features to existing products.
- Extra bonus points if you have examples of projects you designed we can actually use.
- Advanced knowledge of UI design software (e.g., Sketch, Invision, Adobe CC/Xd, Figma, etc.).
- A desire to be part of a product team iterating and improving on the product day-to-day.
- A strong opinion on design but the humility to seek and incorporate feedback.
- A highly collaborative nature and willingness for showing in-progress design work.
- The ability to clearly communicate design rationale and conceptual ideas to a wide variety of people.
- BA/BS degree in a related discipline (e.g., design, human-computer interaction, visual communication, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
Extra bonus points if...
- You have a good understanding of front-end web development (HTML/CSS) … you won’t be coding but we believe it’s good to know the intricacies and limitations of the medium you’re designing for.
- You have experience working with a web-based CRM.
- You have experience working with real estate technology.
- You have experience working remotely.
- You have experience working with a distributed development team.
- You have experience working in an agile environment.
- You have experience working in a startup.
100% remote work (if you’re in Louisville, we’ll gladly set up a desk for you).
- Competitive compensation (depends on experience, of course).
- Health/vision/dental insurance.
- Retirement plan with employer matching contributions.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- A respectful and open work environment.
Something else that’s important to you? Talk to us. We’re flexible and committed to providing a healthy work environment where great people can thrive.