Modern Tribe is looking for a talented, detail oriented Visual Designer to join our team. Our projects involve creating large-scale digital design systems for high-profile clients across multiple industries – including higher education, sports, food and beverage and more. We’re looking for experienced designers, comfortable working at any point in the design process. Our designers are experienced in UX, love research, insist on wireframing, and are comfortable reading and writing spec documents. Whether we’re designing applications, new products, or websites – our designers are focused on empowering users and achieving results
What You'll Do
- Design websites, products, apps and a variety of digital and physical assets
- Master the needs of our clients – working within the boundaries of their brand while elevating them by generating original concepts
- Integrate stringent brand guidelines to create a rich look and feel
- Work with a multi disciplinary team to execute within the entire design lifecycle including research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design and testing.
- Create new design systems and contribute to existing systems
- Speak to clients and stakeholders and present your work
- Use design to elevate the storytelling capabilities for our clients and ourselves
Above and beyond your individual talents, we’re looking for someone to join our team. We’re a very collaborative bunch, eager for feedback. The work we execute is the product of the team. If you’re excited about learning from others, and helping others – you’ll find a good home here.If that sounds like you, get in touch.
What We're Looking For
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You produce smart and beautiful design, demonstrating a strong understanding of typography, color and layout
- You demonstrate diverse taste, with the knowledge of what styles are appropriate to apply to a given task or project
- Knowledge of user interface design, ux design, product design, and the creative process.
- Strong understanding of current design tools
BONUS: Experience in content creation, marketing, and copywriting
BONUS: Demonstrable history of working on large-scale projects and producing holistic design systems
BONUS: Understanding of product development lifecycle
The pay range is USD $45-75 per hour commensurate with background, qualifications and experience. We often start our freelancers on a one time contract position (though we are always seeking long standing relationships with awesome people).
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. If your timezone is outside of US business hours but you work at least 4+ hours of overlap each day, let’s chat. You must be fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
FREELANCER: This means that if you live within the USA, you will also maintain your own personal client list and that Modern Tribe will only comprise a portion of your total income. Regardless of where you live, you need to be already freelancing.