Hopin (www.hopin.to) is a live video events platform that brings people together online. Our mission is to provide better connections for a better world through interactive and personal online events.
We’ve recently been funded by Seedcamp, Europe’s best early-stage VC and are at an inflection point in regards to pace of growth. We’re currently in private beta with an over 6000+ waitlist and looking to scale really fast.
With significant early traction we're working towards building our in-house product & engineering team to be the heartbeat that drives the company forward. (Our aim is to be the fastest growing startup in Europe in 2020).
About the role:
We’re looking for a UX/UI designer full-time (also open to contract ) to work as part of the team and is comfortable making design decisions that will ultimately contribute to the future direction of user experience on the platform.
You will have the opportunity to work within a highly motivated and ambitious team of 7, reporting directly to the Founder & CEO.
The UX/UI designer should have:
- A solid portfolio of 4+ years worth of strong graphic design experience
- Strong experience in UI/UX design for responsive web apps
- Experience in UI/UX design for responsive mobile apps
- Strong experience in creating sketches, prototypes, demos, wireframes and user interface solutions for various product features
- Strong experience in using UX/UI design best practices
- Experience working at scale with style guides, pattern libraries, or design systems
- Good proficiency in various design and prototyping tools - Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, Marvel...etc.
- Fluency in English and confident communicating complex product challenges and UX/UI flows
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders
Other relevant skills:
- Ensure consistency for the best user journey and customer experience across all mediums
- Ability to move quickly - prototyping ideas, wireframing...etc.
- Make use of personas, data and insights to address customers’ best experience
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Self-starter and passionate for learning and development
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Willingness to take on feedback
- An eye for aesthetics
- A 'can-do' attitude
- Startup/new product experience
Extra bonus points for:
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience in video editing
- Experience in digital marketing (AdWords, SEO, ReTargeting...etc.)
- Experience working within design systems (Atomic, Lightening, Carbon...etc.)
More about Hopin:
Hopin solves the problem with webinars and virtual events. Webinars are one-sided and passive; participants don’t interact with each—a critical component to learning. Unlike Zoom and other video conferencing tools, Hopin focuses on engagement and interaction between users (people-centric), not on screen-watching (powerpoint-centric).
With Hopin, organizers can build live video events with a Stage (for presentations to hundreds of thousands of people), Sessions (for group breakout discussions of up to ten people), and Networking (for one-on-one meetings).
A competitive starting salary for this role with opportunity to revisit constantly as we scale.
We are currently a remote team, so are open to remote applications from all over the world. However, if you’re based in London you can work with some of the team (CEO & Founder, Operations and Development) at the Seedcamp office in the Google for Startups Campus in Shoreditch.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please reach out with your resume.