We're looking for passionate UX practitioners and UI designers. Whether you're a people-centered, user flows, wireframing type or a pixel-picky, interaction animating, color-sensitive interface maker - we want to talk to you!
Handled. - a logistics and concierge company - is seeking an experienced designer to compliment our team. We're scrappy, we move fast, and we iterate often. You can get a feel for our style at Handled.com
- We're building tech that our industry hasn't seen before leveraging computer vision, machine learning, and AI to create a unique customer experience leveling up on both the ease and cost of services.
To be successful on our team you need to enjoy identifying the "hard parts" of app design and then making them simple and fast. We magnify the "spirit of a teacher principle" where we all work and learn from each other. We're a small team. Our Slack culture is strong and we know how to have fun.
You will create memorable experiences, optimize flows, and reimagine the UX of pivotal moments in a user's journey. You will be responsible for the design of numerous product features. Produce both web-based and app-based designs, interactive prototypes of varying levels of fidelity that support client and user feedback in the context of the supported application. You will work closely with designers, product managers, engineering, and leadership in a highly collaborative environment.This team will:
- Develop concepts from ideation to execution
- Have a love for crafting simple, beautiful software experiences
- Be familiar with common web patterns and design frameworks
- Validate product designs with customers
- Gather insights from user research and interview
- Create prototypes to test out new ideas and improve existing features
The following attributes are major positives:
- Strong command of visual design, interaction design, and information architecture
- Capable of communicating and prototyping interactions rapidly at all levels of fidelity
- Exposure to user research and utilizing data to inform decisions
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to collaborate in a matrixed organization, across various disciplines
- Competitive salary and yearly bonuses
- Health and dental insurance with company-paid premiums for yourself and your dependents
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Work from home
Please apply to introduce yourself! In your intro, tell us three reasons why you think we should hire you. Focus on your past work and experience, and point us to some recent work (like your portfolio). If you have any specific salary requirements, make sure to include those as well.