The Robinson Group has been retained by a long time, Fortune 100 client to fill a newly created, high profile role - a Senior User Experience Designer.
*Our client is globally recognized and consistently voted one of the best places to work.
*Able to work remotely the majority of the time.
This is a hands-on role for someone who possesses deep experience, knowledge and passion for user-centered design with the ability to influence both internal and external partners.
To be successful you will have experience working in industries and companies on the leading edge of Digital Experience.
You will also have participated in defining and implementing digital strategies, leading design for large and/or complex projects, and educating business partners and stakeholders around the value of user-centric design.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Will provide thought-leadership and expertise, and lead design initiatives by delivering across a broad range of user experience deliverables.
- Participating in initial strategy sessions to help identify and set direction for achieving project objectives
- Partnering with Business Unit Leads, Product Managers and other stakeholders in Marketing, Business and Technology to understand their unique goals, objectives and challenges.
- Mining end user research, insights from subject matter experts and analysis of current site metrics to understand target audiences' needs, behaviors, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative User Experience concepts.
- Leading development of user experience deliverables by internal team or agency partner including user flows, information architecture & page layout, interaction design, content strategy, copywriting and visual designs; ensuring consistency of vision and fluid integration of each deliverable.
- Defining strategy for user research, concept and usability testing, and use of rapid prototyping tools
- Collaborating closely with project management and experience design team to ensure successful, timely delivery of each experience design deliverable
- Supporting identification of appropriate metrics and development of a measurement plan
And also plays a pivotal leadership role within the User Experience design practice and across the Digital Strategy & Solutions team:
- Researching and validating users' current and future needs, and communicating those needs across the team
- Developing and advocating a long-term vision for the customer experience, which informs project level experience design and requirements
- Engaging with internal and external market research resources to identify, understand, share and act-on emerging marketplace and competitive trends
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of enterprise guidelines and standards to ensure a consistent, high-quality user experience
- Defining and enhancing user experience and usability systems and processes
- Educating business/project partners regarding online user experience best practices
- Inspiring, mentoring and providing strategic leadership for areas of focus within Experience Design practice
- Supporting clients and key business partners in the development of new project concepts
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- 7+ years as an information architect, interaction designer, or experience designer (or similar role)
- Strong understanding of and experience applying interactive experiences, channels, and design principles
- Hands-on experience with design deliverables - discovery findings, heuristic evaluations, information architecture, experience strategy concepts, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, interaction specifications/annotations, etc.
- Thorough understanding of user experience design for highly interactive and rich internet applications.
- Strong leadership and skills to provide clear direction and to motivate and inspire creative/production team
- Ability to engage in a creative, collaborative design process with cross functional business and technology teams
- Foresight to design for today but with the ultimate experience in mind
- Strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients, business solutions teams, and creative teams
- Excellent leadership, relationship management, presentation and communications skills that establish trust, credibility and respect
- Ability to converse with and influence key internal constituents including business partners and other co-workers with whom no direct reporting relationship exist
- A strategic thinker with strong planning and execution abilities who is flexible and can balance competing demands while working in a dynamic organization