UX Designer at Ukufu
Are you an experienced UX designer with a passion for building flawless and beautiful user interfaces?Ukufu* (pronounced oo - koo - foo) is a new AI powered content aggregation mobile application for professionals. Ukufu version 1.0 has recently been launched for Android and iOS! We recently closed a round of seed funding from a couple of smart and supportive investors, and we are excited for the next stage of our journey! Watch a short message from our CEO:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwO2g8CWpHc
Our mission is bold: Build an intelligence layer around the 10 000 English news-related content pieces that get published daily. Then use this layer to power an easy-to-use category based content aggregation app that helps professionals efficiently consume content across multiple content sources.We believe that there is a big opportunity to improve the breadth and depth of content consumption for professionals. We want to enable a content consumption experience that is simple to use, yet comprehensive in feature set.An impeccable user experience is therefore at the heart of our value proposition. We are already 6 months into our journey. You can view a video walkthrough of our latest internal version here:https://youtu.be/ZOln4n3XY3I or you can download a production version of the app at http://ukufu.com.
Over the next 6 - 12 months, we will be focussed on stage 1 of building out our product - working closely with users to build something amazing that we can then scale up in stage 2 - building the product into a sustainable profitable business. Our headquarters are in the Sydney CBD, but we have team members around the world. We have a preference for someone who can work with us on site up to 3 days a week, but we are open to this role being remote or a mix of both for the right candidate. Our distributed team structures requires all team members to be flexible around time zones. Each role also has minimum daily crossover time requirements.Our remote-friendly work culture and processes have been in place for a couple of years (some of our team used to work together on a product that reached over 4 million users) and our distributed team structure is working well.
We work hard at fostering a focused and friendly workplace, where team members are able to do their best work.
We are looking for someone with outstanding design experience, a mature attitude, a product flair, and a preference for working with a small smart team, to join us in the role of UX Designer at Ukufu.
You will work directly with the CEO as well as the engineering and product team.
- Lead the design of the product as a whole, as well as individual features, all using a user-centred design process.
- Communicate and influence product design decisions with the team whilst advocating for the user.
- Initiate relevant user research.
- Provide design creative direction and help to evolve our brand.
- Help us maintain a high level of design standards, practise and aesthetic to everything that we do.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a design/UX related role.
- University Degree in design or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in a role collaborating with team members from different teams such as engineering and product management.
- A history of being responsible for the entire design process: concept, design, user flows, wireframing, user interface mock-ups and prototypes.
- Extensive graphic design experience.
- Familiarity with designing for different platforms such as Android, iOS, & Web.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong technical ability.
- Familiarity with UX and UI trends.
- Experience using analytics, user research and other methods to drive decisions.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Mature attitude.
- Experience working remotely (if not based in Sydney)
- At least 5 hour work time cross over with Sydney (if not based in Sydney)
- Coding skills and experience.
- Experience with marketing mobile apps.
- Experience facilitating Agile methodology ceremonies.
- Experience using Social Media for marketing, communication and branding purposes.
Our application process usually includes an initial chat with the CEO, a chat with 2-3 additional team additional Ukufu team members that may include a white boarding session.
* Ukufu comes from the Zulu word Ukufunda, which means “to learn”.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-design-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote design jobs