THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY…
In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com) revolutionized the mattress space by turning the focus to the customer with always-honest pricing, an insistence on high-quality products, and world-class customer experience. We started our journey with two software engineers and a dream and today we have grown to a team of more than 175 talented people, working each day to bring the world premium sleep products at an honest cost.
Together, we are radically reshaping how we think about sleep, mattresses, and shopping - and we’re just getting started. Want to join us?
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to craft engaging and beautiful user experiences from concept to execution. You’ll drive impact by championing our customers and creating an inspirational, seamless shopping experience that drives brand perception, conversion, and customer satisfaction. As a UX/UI designer you’ll report directly to the Head of UX/UI. You will work with leaders and peers across our Marketing, Merchandising, Product, Engineering, Creative and Copy teams to deliver best-in-class customer experiences.
- Advocate for user-centered design every step of the way and lead the design process from concept to execution.
- Organize research and product information into coherent user flows, interaction designs, interactive prototypes, visual design mocks and specifications for dev to build.
- Validate hypotheses and optimize our site experience through qualitative and quantitative studies and A/B testing
- Plan user research studies and partner with UX researchers to understand our customer and validate product concepts
- Work closely with other designers, and engage with multiple project partners, including product managers, engineers, UX researchers, marketing managers and other designers to ensure that the user experience is simple, straightforward, and elegant.
- Translate complex problems into 'simple' practical design solutions that are grounded in user research and data.
- Work within an existing design system and maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- 3-5 years related experience in UX design.
- E-commerce experience required. Home experience preferred.
- A bias toward testing and a curiosity for what you don’t know
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions & problems with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly and testing hypotheses
- Strong user advocacy, focused on building the right experience for our customers.
- Meticulous sense of detail with ability to see the bigger picture.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and willingness to take on new challenges and risks.
- Comfortable in a high-growth, fast-paced, self-starter environment.
- Speed and mastery working in common design and prototyping tools including: Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InvisionApp
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of problem solving and applying user-centered design principles: concept sketches, user stories, interaction flows, prototypes, design specifications for development, and UI mockups for desktop and mobile. Examples of both methodology and production assets are highly encouraged.
YOU'LL SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
Our people You'll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We're very proud to work with each other. We're shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents. We have paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.