Reaktiv is actively searching for a Senior Web Designer to join our remote team. Does this sound like you?
- You have experience in creating digital and responsive designs for web and mobile.
- You're able to create designs both from scratch and within the context of existing work, keeping the best interests of the users and client in mind.
- You are able to identify and implement the most appropriate designs for the project's established scope and resources.
- You are able to collaborate with other designers and work within design systems established either internally or by our clients.
- You are willing to give and accept constructive critcism and adapt to feedback.
- You possess expertise with Sketch, Figma or Adobe Creative Cloud and experience documenting your designs
- You are comfortable with the communication tools and skills required to work effectively with a distributed team (like Slack, Asana, and Zoom. Patience and understanding go a long way too)
- You have a strong understanding of web standards, browser and mobile capabilities, and UX best practices
- You are comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities where there may be ambiguity requiring you to use judgment to solve problems.
- You have a positive attitude and are constantly working to learn and improve your skills.
- You embrace your curious nature by approaching new and complex problems with gusto, and continuously seek out opportunities to grow
- You are kind, patient and respectful in your communication with clients and comfortable guiding them to their desired result
- You are able to work collaboratively with our developers and project managers to plan beautiful interfaces, prepare wireframes, and present your work to our clients
What will you be doing?
- Presenting solutions and experienced guidance on design and UX to the client and team
- Partnering with clients to understand the design vision and strategy
- Communicating your design requirements effectively to the client and our development team.
- Ensuring that design work aligns with product and client goals
- Establishing best practices for design and strategy workflow and processes
What is it like to work at Reaktiv?
We’re a close-knit, fully distributed team who enjoy the challenge of solving hard problems together with clients like Atlassian, Cornell University, Harvard Business School, The New York Times Company, Microsoft, and Wirecutter. We’re also one of the few WordPress VIP agency partners in the world.
We are a 100% remote company, with no set hours, where each employee works from home or a co-working space. Even though we’re far away, we’re in contact throughout the day in Slack, Asana and Zoom.
We encourage continual education through weekly lunch and learns and taking courses to keep us ahead of the latest advancements. Our team also enjoys getting out from behind their desks and attending WordCamps and conferences across the country. We’re frequent WordCamp speakers and core contributors.
While we may work hard during the week we prioritize a healthy work-life balance. Our off hours are reserved for practicing trapeze, playing guitar, and spending time with our families.
We’re proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible schedule
- Equipment budget
- Conference and continued education budget
- Annual team retreats
Ready to apply?
U.S. citizenship required, and please, no recruiters.
Reaktiv is committed to equal opportunities, diversity, and inclusion
Reaktiv Studios, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another.
If you have a disability, please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make the application and interview process more comfortable and accessible for you.