The payments landscape is changing rapidly with hundreds of ways to accept payments online globally. Primer needs to be a constant in a world where new payment methods and services are being unveiled regularly. Given the plethora of innovation in this space, payments has never been more complex to implement and maintain.
We need you to help us create the ultimate payments API, geared towards engineers and offering the best possible developer experience. Imagine - one awesome payments integration which can do it all! No small feat, but we've got the blueprint if you've got the talent.
Primer is changing the Payments narrative, reducing the barriers to integrating with a wide variety of third parties. You’ll be a founding member of the Primer team, helping us shape the direction of the product and business.
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer to join our team, working across all of Primer's products from our dashboard, checkout, documentation, API reference, website, emails and social media.
As a UX Designer at Primer, you will be shaping the future of payments for the world's largest e-commerce merchants.
What will you do?
- Research, define, wireframe, spec and design new features as well as working on new product areas
- Take ownership of functionality and user experience across all product areas
- Work in close collaboration with our Product and Engineering teams
- Develop deep payments expertise to provide the best experience to our customers
- Appetite to tackle complex UX challenges
What are we looking for?
- Experience delivering well crafted functional feature requirements and wireframes that are compelling and easy to use
- Intuitive understanding of user interaction
- Ability to make complex things super simple
- Passion for logic, consistency, simplicity and attention to detail
- Stepping out of your comfort zone - able to take on broader responsibilities outside of the immediate role
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Ideally, previous experience of working within FinTech or other complex or data heavy products
- Experience working closely with engineers and designers
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
How we work:
- We predominantly communicate over Slack
- We conduct daily standups over Zoom
- We encourage open discussion and debate, and place tremendous value on pragmatism and optimising for output
- We value: design, documentation, test coverage, documentation, code review, documentation, CI/CD, documentation, user experience and documentation
- All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Share options offered as part of package
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Books + other learning resources on us