Graphic Designer at Manning Publications Co.
Manning Publications needs a Graphic Designer to join our team. We’ve been teaching technical topics to software professionals for over two decades, and we believe our books and videos are the best in the business.
We need a Graphic Designer to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media, but primarily for digital advertising. We’re looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. The successful candidate should have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work, especially in the e-commerce arena. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal Graphic Designer will be able to hit the ground running as soon as we conceive of a new project. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you.Core Responsibilities
- Prepare work and determine requirements by gathering and studying information and materials
- Conceptualize requirements by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Create images, illustrations, logos, other designs and layouts by hand or using design software
- Obtain approval of concept by submitting rough layouts for approval
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Work with copywriters and marketers to produce final designs
- Prepare finished assets that adhere to established style guidelines and required technical specifications
- Manage archives of graphic design assets and materials
- Maintain technical knowledge with ongoing professional education
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years experience in professional commercial design
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong graphic design and layout skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented, with the ability to thrive in a remote work environment
- Creative and analytical skills
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers
- Persistence and resilience (a sense of humor helps)
- Extensive knowledge of desktop publishing tools and graphic design software (such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Inkscape, GIMP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Marketing, or a related discipline a plus, but not required
- Experience working with WordPress templates a plus
To ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume (including a link to your portfolio) to email@example.com with "Graphic Designer" in the subject line.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-design-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote design jobs