We are currently looking for a Senior Rails Engineer to join our team and become a key part of all of our engineering efforts!
- Write well-crafted, high-quality, self-documented, and easy to maintain code
- Design, implement, and test new performance and security improvements for our platform
- Work collaboratively with teammates
- Perform code reviews for teammates
- Periodically take on tier 2 on-call support duties to handle support requests
- Troubleshooting our production app and isolating issues to fix
- Senior Engineers are additionally expected to:
- Drive the architectural direction of the software
- Take on ownership of major components or engineering processes
- Mentor less-experienced engineers and ensure code quality
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience developing software professionally
- 3 - 5 years experience writing production Rails applications
- Ruby (We're on 2.x)
- Rails (We're on 6.x)
- PostgreSQL (We're on 12)
- Background/async processing solutions (such as Sidekiq)
- Experience with Rails application server (such as Passenger)
- Experience with cloud computing platform (such as AWS, GCS)
- Solid experience working on larger scale production Rails applications and have good all around back end skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies such as Redis and ElasticSearch
- Experience with version control tools such as Git and GitHub
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent related experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Occasional irregular work hours
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, etc.
- Extended time viewing a computer monitor
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
About Intellum: Intellum is an Atlanta-based SaaS company focused on corporate learning. We are the software engineers, developers and tech industry professionals who are helping our clients become more data savvy, applying machine learning techniques to significantly improve learning personalization, and developing monetization strategies that drive revenue with external audiences. We strive to live up to our company values of Simplicity, Honesty and Innovation every day and have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work three years in a row by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Our clients include organizations such as Cricket Wireless, Facebook, Google, Habitat for Humanity, and Randstad.