Headquarters: United Kingdom
Harvest is an independent software company making tools that help businesses run more smoothly. We believe that businesses only succeed by using their time intentionally. Our products support our customers in helping them track, report, and forecast time. For the past 15 years, our customers have relied on us as a critical part of their day-to-day operations.
Harvest started as a team of 3 and grew slowly to today's current total of over 70 lovely faces. Though we were historically based out of NYC, we hire the best people for the job no matter where they may call home. We work hard to make sure everyone feels included and heard. And we offer great benefits, including bonuses, a generous vacation policy, paid parental leave, team outings (in non-pandemic times), and much more.
The Product team and why we're hiring
We're growing to match our bold and ambitious next phase of Harvest. We're looking for an Associate Product Designer that can help us meet the new design challenges on our horizon and evolve our product. The right candidate will help us get more done in less time while not sacrificing the design excellence Harvest is known for.
The Product team currently consists of three Product Managers and three Product Designers. This team is a part of the Customer Experience department, which comprises Product, Services, and Data teams, and this role will report directly to our VP of Customer Experience.
What you'll do
- You'll partner closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, and others to find elegant but practical solutions to unique design challenges.
- You'll produce design deliverables across the entire product lifecycle, including the web product, our desktop and mobile apps, and integrations with other products.
- You'll own the end-to-end design process, from low-fi sketches and prototypes to pixel-perfect comps.
- You'll be an active participant and contributor to design critiques, along with other Designers.
- You'll work with Engineers to ensure that the finished product aligns closely with original designs and maintains a high standard of quality.
- You'll help our Services team support customers by building decks, PDFs, and other visual assets according to brand guidelines.
- You'll coordinate, conduct, and participate in design-centric customer research and user testing.
- You'll contribute to the maintenance and evolution of our design pattern library, and evangelize our design principles with the wider team.
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of experience in a product design role, preferably in the SaaS space, designing and shipping digital tools both for the web and mobile devices.
- You demonstrate strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills working with product and engineering teams.
- You demonstrate strong design fundamentals.
- You sweat the details but can also get things done.
- You value design excellence and craftsmanship over growth-for-growth's sake.
- You know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and when to apply low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- You are obsessively customer-oriented. You understand that not all users follow the happy path, and may even get excited to design for error states and edge cases.
- You're comfortable with an iterative design process, and believe that feedback is a gift you should seek out and act on.
- You actively pay attention to trends in the design and tech communities, and form opinions on the future of design.
- You like small teams, and value a distributed and diverse work culture. Working side-by-side with co-workers from around the world is something you cherish.
- You are skeptical, curious, and not afraid of failure. You have an innate desire to learn and grow.
- Nice-to-have: You're skilled at coding your designs in HTML, CSS, and/or JS.
- Nice-to-have: You have experience creating, maintaining, and/or utilizing a design pattern library.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, cover letter, and answers to these:
- You're awesome and could work anywhere—why Harvest?
- Please share an example of a design you think is excellent and tell us why you think this is a good example.
- Please share an example of a design you've found to be lacking and tell us how you think it could be improved.
At Harvest, our compensation consists of three main components:
- A competitive base pay: Every Harvester with the same role expectations receives the same base pay. And we aim to pay at the top of the market (informed by third-party data) for all roles.
- Individual and company performance bonus plans: We believe in rewarding performance, so all Harvesters are eligible to receive an individual and company performance bonus after working with Harvest for a period of time.
- Competitive benefits*: We offer a number of benefits, including:
- 15 days of vacation in your first year, plus company holidays and a week off for winter break. And you'll get an additional two days per year until you reach twenty days.
- 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings for you, your spouse, and your dependents.
- A yearly budget for your professional learning and development goals.
- 401k plan with a 6% company match after three months with the company.
- 16 weeks of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby's first year as well as a virtual platform providing support across fertility, pregnancy, adoption, and through your first year of parenting.
- A charitable giving matching program to support your contributions to your favorite charitable organizations.
- And much more...
*Some of the benefits described are only available to U.S.-based Harvesters. Benefits information for non-U.S.-based Harvesters will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.