GroupFire believes in and always strives to build totally delightful software. We are not creating accounting software! We are social! We connect communities for dynamic organizations! We are an early-stage, remote startup with team members in California, Australia and Poland. We have an avid initial customer base and product and a gifted designer will lead us forward.
As UI / UX Designer at GroupFire, you’ll be the voice of our users and will own the visual language and design execution across our web and mobile applications.
You’ll turn ideas into validated, dev-ready design.
- Produce on time, exceptional work:
- Translate user stories to UX/UI concepts
- Wireframe mockups
- Deliver high fidelity UI
- Design and present strategies to increase user engagement by 20% each quarter:
- Own the UX strategy; maintain the 90-day strategic plan aligned to annual goals
- Develop and then revise competitive and market analysis quarterly to drive product/design priorities
- Maintain the quarterly user research schedule
- Drive the collaboration with our engineering and product teams to
- Manage the engineering hand-off
- Lead the Visual QA
- Scope, document, and validate roadmapped features to help prioritize them in upcoming sprints
Our team is guided by GroupFire values in the following ways:
- Hard Core Community - Community building requires a passion for social fun, inclusion, interest in human dynamics and a desire to create the future. We model it, we build it, and we are passionate about the potential of networks.
- Data Wins - We use facts to guide our priorities. We prove what works and we are accountable for measurable results. Everyone says this. Do they actually do it? Hmm.
- Fuck it, we’ll do it live - We take action. We build consistently, test relentlessly and learn from failure, quickly
- Exponential Improvement - At the start of every project, and believe it or not in most conversations we stop and ask “how do we just make this 10 times better?” It’s weird but it’s fun and effective and leads to a lot of creative breakthroughs. Don’t tell anyone.
- Operational Excellence - We follow through and deliver what we promise. We work smart and we work hard. We are a team of total animals in our respective positions.
This is a full-time role where you will work closely with the CEO, CTO and the product team to prioritize, plan and execute on our aggressive product roadmap. We are a distributed team, but are only considering North American based candidates at this time with the slightest of preferences for candidates in Laguna Beach, California.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- You are willing and able to defend your design principles
- 3-5 years of experience in high-growth tech startups; Social and B2B SaaS design experience a must
- Encyclopedic knowledge of mobile interfaces and UI patterns.
- An ability to derive insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- The ability to be autonomous, driven, and self-directed
We’ll be even more impressed if you...
- Contributed to the successful growth of several B2B or consumer-facing products
- Have expertise with marketing and communications design
- Have a basic understanding of front-end languages and capabilities to inform your conversations with product and engineering
- Know the social networking space and design language
- Are experienced in working remotely or with distributed teams
Apply for this Job:
Email your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with a 1 minute video covering:
Your social feature design experience
Your own theory of what makes for great design
North American based candidates preferred, but we're flexible - no agencies or dev shops.