Hi there! We are looking for a (Senior) Product Designer who will be working on the end-to-end product design process. We at GraphCMS have innovative, passionate and committed people working together to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by an enthusiastic community of over 50,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide, and is a strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery and; Shure.
We are focused on developer-centric product adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the user facing side are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community of GraphQL enthusiasts.
Purpose of your team and role
Design is an integral part of our continuously evolving product and brand. We see design as a competitive advantage and care deeply about it across the company.
As a Product Designer, you will take on a critical role at GraphCMS by owning the end-to-end product design process and adding new features to production and continuously improving the user experience. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will work closely with the product and engineering teams.
What you will be working on
- Understanding the needs of the Headless CMS market, our customers and all related stakeholders by doing user research.
- Conducting user interviews to learn more about the users’ needs.
- Collaborating with the product and engineering teams to shape up the problem statements and defining both the long-term strategy and short-term goals.
- Designing end-to-end user experience from discovery to production-ready UI.
- Working closely with the engineering team to launch new features and making improvements in the application.
- Contributing to extend and maintain the design system.
- Participating in design reviews and sharing your work regularly with the design team and company leadership.
- Playing an active role in establishing GraphCMS as a design-driven brand by sharing work online and participating in different communities/events.
What we expect from you
- Expertise in all aspects of product design (UI, UX, research, prototyping).
- Experience working as an individual contributor with a preference for working independently and taking ownership.
- 3+ years of experience working in a design role, preferably at high-growth startups that are developing SaaS products catered to a highly technical audience.
- Strong sense of design aesthetics and a liking for sophisticated design.
- Keen to learn and always being up-to-date with the latest improvements in technology.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools and having a good understanding of front-end frameworks (you don’t have to code but it helps in collaborating with the engineers).
- You have a systems thinking and can work with shared patterns and libraries.
- Excellent organisational and presentation skills to communicate own ideas.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with Headless CMS and designing API-led products is a plus.
- Understanding and writing UX copy is a plus.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding and ready to support each other.
- Our “manager of one” work style enables a workplace that is run through trust and empowers people to perform their best.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility and accountability. A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work-life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, the latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
- Intro call with People Manager and Hiring Manager
- Case study or portfolio presentation
- Collaborative exercise / Workshop
- Team-fit conversation
GraphCMS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enriches the productivity at our work space and also promotes innovation and creativity.