Software Engineering Manager at ConvertKit
ConvertKit is on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote and are growing rapidly. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we're looking to grow our engineering team by hiring amazing engineering managers.
We're looking for a strong people manager who has also had significant previous engineering experience. You don't need deep experience with our specific tech stack, but you should be able to provide guidance, feedback, and advice to support the teams you manage.
This is a new role at ConvertKit. You’ll report to our Director of Engineering. You’ll work closely with the Director of Engineering, Director of Product, product managers, and your reports to achieve your goals. Engineering Managers will manage at least one team of engineers, and will be managing on average 7 engineers.
Feel free to peruse our engineering blog to learn more about what we're up to. We also have a specific post about what it's like to work at ConvertKit as an engineer, which has many frequently asked questions answered.The salary range for this position is $130-165k.
Applications will close for this position on Jan 10th 2020.Responsibilities
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging.
- Level up your team by providing feedback and educational opportunities. Facilitate personal growth helping to define learning objectives for each of your reports.
- Be an unblocker for members of the teams you manage.
- Hold regular 1:1s with all members of your team.
- Contribute to the psychological safety of your team. We believe that everyone should bring their whole selves to work and they should feel comfortable speaking up and being themselves. It's your responsibility to make sure that your reports feel comfortable to do this.
- Draft quarterly OKRs for the teams you manage.
- Help resolve conflicts between those who report to you.
- Own hiring, terminating, and promotions for the teams you manage.
- Measure and manage the performance of your reports.
- Facilitate good processes. Identify where processes are lacking and help shape better ones.
- EMs will have an education budget to pay for learning resources on a regular basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This role is primarily about communicating with others and facilitating amazing work getting done.
- At least 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role.
- At least 3 years of prior experience writing production code at scale.
- Prior experience working in or managing distributed, remote teams.
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 8 paid holidays, and 1 week of sick leave per year. Moves to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year.
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats.
- Excellent Health benefits.
- 12 weeks paid maternity / 4 weeks paid paternity leave.
- 52% of profit shared with the team.
- $2,500 equipment allowance given every 2 years.
- 401k. ConvertKit will match up to 4% of contributions.
- Yearly conference credit.
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-design-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote design jobs