Constructive is a leading social impact strategy and design firm that helps advance social, environmental, and economic justice. We’re a close-knit, committed team of experts and advocates who partner with ambitious organizations to make the world a more fair, equitable, and sustainable place. Constructive’s culture is built on values that are the core of who we are—deeply held beliefs about the importance of integrity, empathy, accountability, trust, teamwork, and respect that add purpose to our lives and can be seen and felt in everything we do. If you’d like to get a feel for our culture, read our company values here.
About the Role
We are looking for a skilled and exceptionally creative Production Designer to join our team. As a Production Designer, your main focus will be on developing and refining cohesive, strategically aligned, and visually captivating design systems. Working closely with Lead Designers, you will play a vital role in interpreting and elevating our design systems, transforming them into engaging brand representations. Meticulous attention to detail is crucial in this position as you ensure flawless websites and designs are successfully launched. Collaboration with cross-functional teams, including developers, UX researchers, and stakeholders, will be key in crafting user experiences that are both intuitive and visually appealing.
Your Core Responsibilities
- Grow & evolve visual design systems: develop cohesive and strategically aligned design systems that showcase visually stunning and impactful designs. Collaborate closely with Lead Designers to interpret and contribute to the growth of the design system, translating it into captivating brand expressions.
- Produce pixel-perfect design: As the gatekeeper of excellence, this role holds the responsibility of ensuring that we consistently launch exceptional work into the world. You will play a pivotal role in guaranteeing that our work is not only visually stunning but beautifully executed.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams: including developers, UX researchers, and stakeholders, to create intuitive and visually appealing user experiences. Support the process and designers in the exchange of information through departments.
- Be a good communicator: seek out and maintain consistent communication and actively contribute to a collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends, emerging technologies, and industry best practices to continually enhance your skills and deliver innovative solutions. You are committed to growing your skill set and knowledge, and facilitating the new discoveries to the design team.
- Create responsive and mobile design: Creating designs that are responsive and optimized for different devices and screen sizes, ensuring a seamless user experience across desktops, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Champion accessibility: Considering accessibility principles and guidelines to ensure that digital products and websites are usable by individuals with disabilities.
Skills & Experience You’ll Need
- +2 years of UI experience in a professional capacity
- Proficiency with Figma and Adobe Suite, including the maintenance of component systems and interactive prototyping
- Passion and attention to detail and design polish
- Keen eye for type hierarchy, color (specifically as it pertains to web design and accessibility), grid systems and layouts, scale, and balance.
- High level of organizational skills, ability to stay focused on deadlines and handle complexity.
- Knowledge and applied experience in creating websites and digital based design.
- A desire to produce meaningful work that facilitates global impact.
Nice-to-Haves That Will Make a Big Difference
- Illustrations skills
- Motion graphic experience
What We Offer
We do our best to make sure everyone at Constructive is taken care of with a great mix of salary, benefits and perks, opportunities for professional growth, and a healthy dose of time off. We expect this position to have a base salary between $60k - $78k based on experience and value-added skills. In addition, we offer profit sharing, bonuses, and robust PTO, and great company benefits.
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision
- Defined Annual Profit Sharing Plan
- 401K With Up to 4% Company Match
- Discretionary Performance-based Bonuses
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid Holiday Break (Christmas through New Years Day)
- Paid 1/2-day Summer Fridays (Approx 14/year)
- Open Wellness Days
- Flexible Work Schedules
- $2K Annual Professional Development Stipend
- New Client Bonuses (3% of First 12 Months of New Work You Proactively Bring In)
- Monthly Virtual Happy Hours & Games
- A Super-Aligned Team That Loves Showing Up for Each Other
- Feeling Great About Your Work Making the World a Better Place
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe strongly that diversity is one of our greatest strengths—that the more perspectives we bring to the mix, the better we are as people and the better partner we are for our clients. So, in considering if Constructive is a good fit for you, know that all we care about is that you’re qualified to do the job, share most or all of our values, and want to be here. These are the things we’ll be evaluating for every applicant—and if you meet those and add to our diversity, all the better.
What happens next?
If we feel like there’s a good fit, we’ll reach out to you to start the interview process. Here’s what it will look like:
- Initial interview (30-45 minutes)
- Second interview and case study review (1 hour)