Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~80 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
Our Product Design team is growing steadily, and we're looking for our fourth team member to help define and design features that will have the biggest impact for our customers and their team members. We care deeply about simplicity and pay attention to the small stuff because we know it all adds up. As a very small team, everyone has a big influence on the product and our overall design direction.
Our overall product development process is inspired by Shape Up. We work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering in six-week cycles, enabling us to think deeply about the right problems and ship impactful features.
You are an experienced generalist with a wide and advanced set of design skills including user interface design, user experience design, an understanding of usability concerns, and the ability to write clear and concise copy. You enjoy the challenge of designing for sometimes deeply technical problems.
You will be responsible for understanding and designing new features and improvements as part of a small, but growing, product and design team. You will ensure the solution satisfies the initial problem statement, is technically viable, and integrates well with existing design patterns(or adds new ones when necessary). You will also collaborate with Product Managers to test and validate designs with end users.
- Have 5+ years experience in product design.
- Have helped build and maintain design systems in Figma, Adobe XD, etc.
- Are comfortable working remotely as part of a small team, with a high level of autonomy.
- Have designed beautiful and elegant solutions for desktop/mobile SaaS products and are familiar with the space.
- Understand technical constraints, their impact, and can adjust your design approach accordingly.
- Enjoy the problem solving aspects of design, and you’ve had experience working on complex web or desktop/mobile apps.
- Have been wrong and can admit it. You can articulate why it happened and how you’ve learned from that experience.
- Are not precious about your designs and can accept constructive feedback freely. Equally, you can argue effectively for your viewpoint when needed.
- Are able to easily demonstrate your process for taking rough concepts and briefs from lo-fi sketches through to high fidelity mockups ready to be implemented. You’re confident in communicating the rationale of your decisions.
- Are based in the United States
- Conceive, design, build, and launch new user-facing features(AI, reporting, collaboration, communication, automation, search, etc.)
- Build out and improve our design system(with accessibility in mind)
- Improve our mobile apps(responsive web, iOS, Android)
- Build “Dark Mode”
- Design seamless integrations with popular third-party tools
- Redesign parts of the app and establish new UI/UX patterns
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS - Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.