Clearsummit (clearsumm.it) is a tight-knit digital agency that believes in solid engineering and beautiful design. Our team is based in Los Angeles but has contributors in North and South America. We are a collaborative team and want to help everyone hone their craft, do amazing work, and delight our clients.
We try to remove processes that are tedious so we can focus on new problems while leveraging all the patterns we've built in the past. We rely on our teams from design, product, engineering and QA to be avid fans of product, and to not just check a box for features, but to be vocal about how we can improve our client's products, our own products, and our processes.
We are looking for a senior designer to join our team to take our UI / UX to the next level and lead the growth of our design team.
- Work with diversified clients across EdTech, Water IoT, Music Tech and more.
- Clients come to us as partners, rather than just hiring "another dev shop". We push back when our clients are making the wrong decisions, and we make sure we bring the best products to market.
- Our products have been featured by Apple, won CES innovation awards, and been acquired.
- Small team, lots of opportunities to grow and shape the future of the company
- We are a no ego, no bs, collaborative group passionate about our craft, code, design & products
- Mixpanel (Analytics)
- JIRA (responding to comments on tickets)
- Building UX to greenfield apps and platforms that contain top tier design patterns quickly. With our Starter Kit we abstract patterns that are seen in many leading apps to allow us to build amazing applications in rapid time.
- Work with engineering to create designs that deliver the most value to our clients, while keeping the user's needs in focus.
- Leading design-focused conversations with multiple stakeholders
- Finding ways to constantly deliver value and improve our design processes. For example, building design systems that simplify development.
- Product road mapping for multiple products
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to lead the design phase of projects.
- Assist with or lead UX planning sessions with clients.
- Utilize design practices and tools when appropriate, including mood boards, storyboards, process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Be up to date on the latest design guidelines for web, iOS, and Android.
- Understand the implications of accessibility standards and incorporate them when necessary.
- Work with clients, engineers, and PMs, to craft an experience that minimizes the clients' budget burn but also "wows" end users.
- Understand and incorporate reusable styles and components.
- Provide accurate estimates for the time necessary to complete design deliverables.
- Work with other designers and PMs in real-time design sessions (including client workshops), as well as independently.
- Take notes and record tasks during design sessions, and ensure that assigned tasks are completed by the date agreed upon.
- Demonstrate capability with an interest in visual design, including color, space, typography, iconography, graphics, illustration, and other ways of crafting products with personality.
- Adhere to design file organization and frame naming practices.
- Contribute to documentation when needed, including identifying and capturing key product events under product metric categories such as "Activation", or "Engagement", and outlining user flows.
- Become fluent in and assist with expanding the ClearSummit design offerings, which currently include the following: UX Audit, UX Research, Branding Package, Product Analytics.
- Can overlap at least 5 hours with UTC-7 (PTC) timezone (9AM PST - 5PM PST)
- Strong UI Design
- Strong UX Design
- Worked with startups and enterprise companies
- Strong written and verbal communication
- 5+ years of design experience
- Leadership experience
- 💻 Hardware stipend
- 🏝 Flexible vacation policy
- 🎉 Special requests welcome!