User Experience Designer at Bitovi
User Experience Designers Wanted
We’re looking for passionate intermediate-level UX designers who want to make the web/world a better place. We want someone who enjoys making apps easy to use and can intelligently explain their decisions to people from all backgrounds.
Ideal candidates have experience in the following areas:
- Communication - you can with directly with clients and other stakeholders
- Travel - you don’t mind traveling, our employees average a trip quarterly
- UX - understanding of best practices and principles, also you know that UX is not just about making pretty UIs
- Data - you know how to collect and interpret data
- User Testing - you understand how to gather unbiased user testing
- Tools - you are familiar with wire-framing and prototyping software
- Responsive Apps - you have experience designing for the web and mobile devices
- Detail - you have a keen eye for typography, spacing, and how to use color
- Accessibility - you care about applications that can be used by everyone
- Design - you create beautiful interfaces that people want to touch
- Code - you can write clean and clear HTML and CSS (Mustache, LESS or SCSS a big plus)
- Learn - you are Interested in learning new processes, methods, and tools
- Flexibility - you are comfortable context switching between UX, front end design, and Product Ownership roles
- Terminal - you are not afraid of the command line (even if you don't use it much)
It would also be really great if you love Axure, Sketch, Flexbox, and CSS Grid.
Work Remotely (in North America) as a UX Consultants
Bitovi helps people and companies create better web applications. We’re a team of 30-ish people made up of UX designers and developers located around the US and Canada.
We have a track record of designing and building high-profile and amazing web applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with style guides, tests, full docs, accessibility considerations, and a deployment process in place.
Our article, Hello Potential Bitovian sums it up very well (NOTE: The article is more Dev-focused, but a good short read!)
This is a remote, full-time position that may require travel up to 1 week every 6 weeks. Due to travel requirements, at this time we are only accepting candidates in the U.S. who are willing and able to travel.
You’ll work with our clients to create applications by researching their needs, sifting through data, iterating through wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes, designing a perfectly polished UI, or tracking usability studies to double-check your work. The end result is a beautiful app that's dead simple to use.
- Writing and conducting surveys
- Creating and performing user interviews
- Developing and administering user testing
- Stepping through heuristic evaluations and design reviews
- Ideating, designing, and presenting mockups
- Creating and testing interactive prototypes
- Developing UIs in HTML and CSS (LESS and SCSS ultimately)
- Iterating everything
- Writing documentation and reports
Bitovi is a community of learners. If you haven’t done a couple of the things on this list, don’t worry. As long as you have the background and the willingness to learn, we can help you get trained up in short time.
In addition to client work, you’ll have the opportunity to shape a small and growing company by applying your talent and passion towards an area of interest. Bitovi's employees:
- Speak at conferences & meetups
- Give trainings
- Maintain open source projects
- Create tutorials
- Write articles
- Competitive salary, ranging from $60,000-$90,000 based on skill set, experience, and related factors
- Annual bonuses
- Company retreats (previously in Boston, Scottsdale, Denver, Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Work from home
Apply to our posting with the following items. Applications missing details will not be considered.
- Resume – please just a 1-2 page resume (as opposed to a multi-page story or portfolio)
- Cover letter required and must include:
- A thoughtful introduction about yourself, telling us three reasons why you're perfect for this role. Focus on your recent and past, work and experience
- Your salary requirements
- If you have other conditions, please make sure to include those there as well
- A link to your portfolio. We are looking for:
- UX project documentation/reporting
- Mockups and prototypes you’ve built
- Examples of user testing you have done
- A link to HTML and CSS you have written – CodePen, JSFiddle, etc. – We will be looking to see if you can do the basics as well as get really excited about the really cool/
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-design-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote design jobs