Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Baraka's mission is to help millions of young people across the Middle East find financial empowerment. Our apps help young professionals in the GCC region trade stocks, buy index funds, discover financial news, and do much more. We're here to educate and empower the Middle East's next generation of investors.
We're a world class team of ambitious young professionals. Baraka was part of Y Combinator's Summer 2021 cohort. Shortly after, we raised Seed funding from a host of top tier VCs that have backed iconic companies like Facebook, Alibaba, Slack and many more. Our team includes pros who have worked at Barclays, Standard Chartered, Microsoft, Accenture, and a number of other leading global companies.
But our real secret is hiring people who care about their colleagues and are excited to build something big. This culture helps fuel a high-trust workplace, which allows us to do fun things like offer work from home days and other flexible work arrangements. Our team is constantly looking to improve and works hard to build each other up. We win and lose together and we're all seriously committed to your growth.
We are looking for a highly creative and talented UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
This role requires someone passionate about using design to change the world. We're looking for someone who is comfortable with ambiguity, enjoys a challenge, and can constantly innovate. You are gritty, results-oriented, and you always set ambitious goals. The best candidates will be comfortable collaborating with colleagues across various teams.
Prior experience designing consumer Fintech applications for a high growth, design oriented brand is a major advantage but not a requirement. Passion for delivering a world class design driven experience is a must.
● Lead our internal and external product design function.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process including Product, Marketing and Tech.
● Design and prototype intuitive and engaging content that includes but is not limited to digital ads, responsive email design, RWD, applications, platforms and digital products with interactivity via no-code tools like Webflow.
● Participate throughout the design process end-to-end, from discovery, through design, build, test, release, maintenance, measure and optimization.
● Collaborate with UX Designers to decipher UX problems into actionable items to solve business problems.
● Provide clear and organized support through the preparation and hand-off of assets to developers.
● Prepare files and assist in the organization and logging of assets within digital asset management system.
● Work with other members of the team to deliver wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps, and original graphic designs to communicate interaction and design ideas.
● Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
● Stay abreast of design trends and technologies, continuously looking for creative ideas, inspiration and resources to sharpen your craft.
● 5+ years of digital design experience mainly focused on product design.
● Expertise in Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, InVision or equivalent design and prototyping applications.
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, etc.).
● Experience with light animation is advantageous.
● Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and Adobe AfterEffects, especially experience with no-code tool Webflow.
● Cutting-edge design aesthetic, utilizing color theory, typography, other visual elements to maintain brand-identity.
● Strong problem-solving abilities and an eye for pixel-perfect design.
● Strong understanding of design standards and best practices with a curiosity around emerging technologies.
● Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team and company succeed.
● Proactive, solutions-oriented with ability to prioritize workload and deliver on-time creative with strong project management, organization and time management skills.
● Demonstrates ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
● Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high-level of professionalism.
You strive to make an impact.
You're inventive, curious, and highly creative.
When things don't work out, you take accountability. You thrive on feedback, take ownership for your work, and operate with a small ego.
You don't mind ambiguity and enjoy discovering solutions independently. When looking to evaluate success, you turn to data and outcomes.
You're tenacious. You understand that big goals require persistence and hard work. You aren't afraid to do some less-glamorous work in pursuit of a larger accomplishment.
You're a self-starter. Instead of being told what to do, you'd much rather figure it out for yourself and show everyone how it's done.
On top of all that, you're pumped to improve people's lives.
Salary + Equity
Remote work within similar timezone possible but over the long term, this role is for someone based in Dubai.
Submit your CV and Portfolio (Dribbble/Behance) using the job link