Headquarters: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We are looking for an experienced, talented Packaging Specialist to join our product development team. As part of our packaging team, you will collaborate with designers, suppliers and manufacturers to ensure our packaging is innovative and reflective of our brand identity. AlumierMD has developed competitive advantages that create value for our client base of skin care professionals and empower them with the tools to retain their customers; and you will join a team with a vast array of experience to take the company and yourself to the next level.
Compensation range for this role is $62,000 - $65,000 CAD annually
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Packaging sourcing and innovation - research and evaluate sustainable packaging solutions. Ideally candidate has a good understanding of new technologies and materials. Present project advances and challenges to key leadership and stakeholders.
- Packaging Testing - ensure manufacturers and chemist have packaging for compatibility, track testing and results. Provide technical support to manufacturing as it relates to product packaging. Create and maintain test methods and SOPs related to packaging development.
- Packing Copy - gather and collate all packaging copy including box, label and insert copy. Ensure that the copy is accurate, factual and represents the formula being manufactured.
- Packaging Translation - work with translation company to translate and ensure accurate translation of all packaging copy, including box, label and insert copy. For each new production, ensure that all relevant copy changes and ingredient changes are made.
- Packaging Design & Artwork - work with designers to design all labels, boxes and inserts to brand standards and to reflect the various regulatory requirements of the international territories we are distributed in. Packaging artwork design is on-going with every new product launch as well as every new production run.
- Packaging changes - Fill out packaging change requests, develop and maintain a system to effectively track all changes including artwork, copy, and componentry needs.
- Production runs - Support Product Engineering to assess commercial line feasibility for new primary packaging and coordination of line trials. Provides final release of packaging to production. Attend deco/print runs as required to ensure quality.
- Verify the primary package capacities such as minimum fill and headspace.
- Work closely with QA, Engineering and Product Development teams in addressing customer complaints related to the packaging materials.
- Regulatory - ensure that all packaging meets regulatory requirements for the territories we are distributed in.
- Relationship Management - maintain relationships with current vendors and source and develop relationships with potential new vendors
- Administration - update artwork and item codes, product specifications, inventory codes, packaging changes, and packaging dockets and library
- Education - attend Alumier brand training, attend packaging seminars and courses, tradeshows. Where possible visit suppliers for print runs to become more knowledgeable about the printing process.
- College/University degree specializing in Package Design or a similar discipline
- MUST have 2 - 3 years experience in the cosmetic/skincare packaging industry with a proven history of taking new products to market
- Computer knowledge and skills - Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Good understanding of packaging material specifications
- Curiosity and a thirst for learning and be ahead of what is coming and where packaging is going
- Experience with regulations and requirements such as cGMP, SOPs, ISO and OTC/NHP would be an asset
- High level of organizational skills, including attention to detail, ability to multi-task and capable of managing projects with excellent follow through and accuracy
- Possess an entrepreneurial drive, energetic, self-motivated and the ability to act with a sense of urgency, intensity and integrity
- Proficient word processing skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Preferred location is Greater Toronto Area
- Competitive Salary
- Temporary work from home with future hybrid office/home potential
- Health Insurance
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team