Remote - Candidates between UTC+3 and UTC-1 time zones are preferred.
Aleph Beta is a growing nonprofit media company producing high quality Torah videos and podcasts for all ages and denominations. You believe that Torah/Bible is meaningful and relevant to your everyday life: Aleph Beta’s mission is to show you how. Aleph Beta has largely focused on creating animated videos that highlight a unique methodology in studying Torah text in a way that is both intellectually rigorous and emotionally engaging.
We’re looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer (heavy on the User Experience part) with 4 - 7 years experience to join our Product team and help us elevate the quality of our products to the highest standards. The ideal candidate is passionate about their craft, an expert in uncovering customer needs, and capable of turning those insights into beautiful, accessible, compelling experiences. This person is ready to be a driver of user research, able to compile a solid experience strategy that includes interaction design and information architecture, and can execute that strategy through world class user interface designs. We’re practicing dual-track Agile to rapidly discover opportunities and get them in front of our users, and you’ll be expected to be a key player in that process.
Our product is aimed at the Jewish world and a deep knowledge of Judaism will be valued.
If you’ve got the passion and the chops let’s talk. Specific details about our vision for this role are:
- Conduct customer interviews. It's important to note, our users are largely in US and Israeli time zones. You should be willing and comfortable conducting interviews at potentially odd hours.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Analyze customer input and competitor data to inform our experience strategy.
- Communicate your findings through typical UX docs like Customer Journeys, User Journeys, and Current State Analysis.
- Take our customer insight and business needs and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive interfaces.
- Recognize and predict user interaction use cases, and account for the happy path, edge, and corner cases.
User Interface Design
- Design and create the graphical assets for irresistible, user-centric experiences.
Here are the kinds of tools we would expect you to be fluent with for this role:
- Vector design tools like Figma (our tool of choice) or Adobe Illustrator
- A raster editor like Photoshop or Affinity Photo
- Rapid prototyping tools like InVision or UXPin