Please submit portfolio as well with resume
Graphic Designer II (contractor)
Projects will include print and digital, social media, email, presentations, etc. The primary purpose of this position is to provide design support for our brand over a variety of internal and external channels. This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, perform design tasks, construct, test, and implement solutions with little supervision in a fast-paced, on-demand environment. The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines.
- Maintain graphic design standards and subsequently ensure that the work adheres to a high level of excellence.
- Utilize design resources and follow guidelines across the organization.
- Collaborate on design projects with teammates and other business partners.
- Assist with design projects from concept to completion, development, QA, and implementation.
- Assist vendors, development teams or the business when appropriate.
- Stay current with design industry trends and be knowledgeable with basic design principles.
- Follow guidelines for file organization and naming conventions.
- Understand creating and utilizing templates for layout of various assets.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently to problem solve while also working with a team for collaboration.
- Professional: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and strong knowledge of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings; has solid understanding of client deliverables and the ability to take responsibility for them.
- Judgment/Decision-making: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; gathers relevant information before making a decision; considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; makes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the organization; proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; checks assumptions against facts; determines the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision; makes tough decisions and has difficult conversations when necessary.
- College graduate, or equivalent experience, with 3-5 years of graphic design experience.
- Link to a digital portfolio required
- Design tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Able to self-manage work load
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.