Kickstarter is seeking an experienced Senior UI/UX Engineer to join our team.
The salary range for this role in the United States is $140,000 - $160,000.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s product development team builds the platform that helps bring creative projects to life.
We're a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, data analysts, and community specialists working collaboratively using iterative, data-driven, and outcome oriented approaches to solve problems.
Our work touches every area of the platform as we develop new features and functionality. Our ability to develop valuable, maintainable and useful solutions opens up more opportunities for creators and backers to bring creative projects to life.
We build features with frameworks like Ruby on Rails, React, Atomic CSS, Redux, Apollo, and TypeScript, all backed by a GraphQL API. We use iterative and data-driven processes to build and refine our platform that supports our mission of bringing creative projects to life
In this role, listed in order of importance, you will:
- Collaborate with engineering teams, product designers and product managers to create high impact, high quality, accessible and maintainable software.
- Identify and propose technical project opportunities and suggest process improvements to help the team perform and deliver better experiences, including refreshing and maintaining our design system.
- Write well-tested front-end software that meets product, design, and operational criteria to enable the success of Kickstarter users.
- Estimate task complexity and guide team execution of large to extra-large projects, ensuring committed work is delivered on-time.
- Participate in group code reviews to ensure a high standard of quality for all changes to Kickstarter systems.
- Pair with and provide growth feedback and mentorship to more junior teammates.
- You have experience writing production-ready, performant, and well-tested software.
- You have solid experience in accessibility as well as reusable front-end components and design systems
- You have the ability to break down large, complex, or ambiguous problems into actionable work items.
- You enjoy a mix of execution and higher level planning and collaboration: some weeks you may be mostly writing code and others you mostly may be helping plan, guide, and advocate.
- You enjoy contributing within individual teams, as well as across teams, and adjusting to make the biggest impact.
What You'll Enjoy
- Fridays off! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with a 4-day/32-hour workweek so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page: https://jobs.kickstarter.com/
Our Fully Virtual Team
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We're also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia). If you live in—or are willing to move to—any of these locations, we look forward to your application! If there is a required or preferred location for an open role, it will be listed in the job description.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.