A well-known Fortune100 client we are working with is looking for a Product Designer Manager who is interested in working within a startup-oriented environment, while having the backing of a very large company. If that’s you, please read on.
With a consumer-first approach, they’ve created a contemporary brand, user experience, and scalable technology platform that connects users - making it simple to access the services people need.
As a Product Designer Manager, you will report to the Director of Product Design, and be responsible for the end-to-end user experience spanning all squads within a tribe, as well as manage the team of product designers on those squads.
- Own the end-to-end user experience spanning all squads within a tribe and partner closely with the tribe’s Director of Product Management to define the longer-term vision.
- Hire, coach, support, and critique a team of product designers within the tribe and be a hands-on designer within one of the squads.
- Balance strategic and tactical priorities, turning quick-wins into ways to iterate towards the longer-term UX vision in your tribe.
- Conduct design reviews to ensure alignment with key stakeholders; medical, legal, regulatory, and compliance; and adherence to brand and accessibility standards.
- Become a subject-matter-expert for your tribe with a deep understanding of the jobs-to-be-done. Conduct and participate in user research. Partner with product managers and researchers to use qualitative and quantitative tools to inform your user experience.
Required Experience & Skills
- 7+ years of experience in user experience design, interaction design, visual and user interface design, information architecture, and service design. Expert in mobile-first responsive web design, iOS/Material Design patterns, atomic design principles, and design systems.
- Expert in Figma or similar design tools.
- Experienced leader with 2-3 years of experience hiring, developing, and managing a high-performing team.
- Ability to facilitate critiques and mentor your team in gracefully accepting feedback.
- A portfolio featuring examples of outstanding design work in SaaS platforms or consumer mobile apps and services.
- Be Humble: You're smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive annual bonus targets.
- 401k with dollar-for-dollar match, up to 6% of eligible earnings (base, bonus). Plus, additional company contribution.
- RSU grants (Long Term Incentives) for approved roles.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 17 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays.
- PTO with separate sick days.
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
- Caregiver Leave.
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Plan.
- Flexible workplace accommodations.
- And more!
Open to remote workers within US