Maharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers.
MFI is a growing, fully remote team of nearly 50 people, located around the globe but mainly in North America and Europe. As an organisation we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programmes more available to people everywhere.
We favor a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.
We are seeking a talented and passionate User Interface Designer to join our team to be responsible for managing design systems and driving visual experience across our new mobile app and other projects. You will be part of a growing design team, working closely also with our product and tech team, to improve and maintain a meditation mobile application. You will participate in and oversee a variety of projects and collaborate with members of cross functional teams to conceptualize, prototype and design usable, useful and beautiful user interfaces. This role is remote and reports to the team lead in Berlin.
You are a customer-focused, detail-oriented, creative UI designer who tackles complex problems with deep brand awareness and refined aesthetics. You have experience with various digital initiatives and you’ve designed several mobile and web applications in the past. You should have experience designing web components for mobile and desktop use, and with creating and maintaining design systems in general. You can produce interactive prototypes and test them with users in a rigorous, data-driven way. You can demonstrate a command of usability and accessibility standards in partnership with visual and interface design principles. You have a broad experience and a deep understanding of people’s behaviour to recommend UI solutions to customer needs.
- Create and refine visual design for our interfaces and digital products.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining a unified, flexible design system for our digital products.
- Evaluate and set best practices and visual design standards.
- Design useful, usable, and desirable interfaces while considering research findings, business goals and requirements.
- Work with stakeholders on translating brand identity into design for our products.
- Collaborate with our Engineering team on making sure designs are implemented correctly.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4-6 years of experience as a UI Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization, digital agency or media company.
- Broad experience in designing web and mobile apps and ability to create lightweight prototypes for testing.
- Experience in designing web and mobile components, and create/ maintain design systems.
- Experience working with designers and developers in an agile work environment.
- Deep care about aesthetics and a great eye for typography, layout and visual design in general.
- A strong track record backed by an outstanding portfolio showcasing latest works.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- Experience with Storybook is a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to work autonomously and remotely.
- Motivated for self-improvement and a healthy lifestyle, and open to / interested in meditation.
If you are passionate about this work but do not have all of the skills listed we are still interested in speaking with you and encourage you to apply!
Pay and benefits
Our pay levels are set according to a formula that combines above-median market rate data for the role (we pay 55th percentile of market rate for this role, based on Payscale data) adjusted for your local cost of living based on Numbeo data.
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
Diversity and inclusion
We care about diversity - we strive to ensure all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work but we also know that this work is never ‘done’ or complete, and that we can always improve.
Our team is fully remote, living and working across 20 countries across the world, and we’d love to hear how you can add to our special culture at MFI.