Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
Senior UI/UX Designer
The primary project of Heliax is the Anoma protocol. Anoma is a sovereign, proof-of-stake blockchain protocol that enables private, asset-agnostic cash and private bartering amongst any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including cryptographic libraries such as the MASP and tools for high assurance validity predicates and arbitrary zero-knowledge circuits (Juvix).
Heliax is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary members located around the world. All of our work is open-source. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
- Prototyping & designing user interfaces and user experiences (and respective visual assets) from scratch from written specifications & mock-ups.
- Work very closely with the team lead on gaining context and understanding of the goals of the project(s) within the Anoma ecosystem.
- Bootstrap projects that are large in scope in a scalable way, so that it can facilitate the collaboration and contributions from other designers in the team.
- Work very closely with the development team on clarifying and providing bi-directional feedback on the implemented wireframes, prototypes, and graphic assets– so that strategy, project goals, design, and implementation are in alignment.
- Designing interfaces for cross web applications, such as browser extensions and web applications.
- Designing the interfaces that provide a great UX across devices (desktop, tablet, mobile) and are compatible with e.g. the technical specifications of the latter (e.g. screen resolution).
- Organize, plan and provide estimations and timelines on each project and subprojects.
Here are some of the projects that the team is working on:
- Anoma Extension:
- Description: A browser extension that works as the 1st step for all users. It is a Key Management System (KMS) that enables users to generate a master seed phrase and auto derive accounts on Anoma, later to access, manage the keys to e.g. sign transactions or use the viewing key.
- Sample of key features:
- Support for file-based keys
- Support for Ledger hardware wallet connectivity (keys are generated on the Ledger HSM)
- Generation of master seed phrase
- Auto derivation of keys for transparent and shielded accounts
- Anoma Wallet:
- Description: Anoma's browser based multi-asset wallet that allows users to send and receive transparent and shielded transfers.
- Sample of key features:
- List all assets (any digital asset) on Anoma, which include NFTs.
- Able to send/receive shielded and transparent transactions
- Transactions can optionally be offsetting carbon
- Display transaction history
- Organization Websites:
- Project websites:
- Anoma: https://anoma.network/
- MASP: https://masp.dev/
- Juvix: https://juvix.org/
- You LOVE designing delectable end-user interfaces and experiences that are intuitive and accessible for as many people as possible.
- You are passionate about emerging technologies and industries, such as the Anoma project and its ecosystem. You are thrilled about being the first in solving UI/UX problems that are specific to Anoma’s end-user interfaces and in making the cutting-edge features of the protocol accessible for as many people as possible.
- You have +5 years of experience in the field (please submit your portfolio, links of projects that are currently live, pet projects, descriptions or anything that can provide information about your past work).
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and knowledge in a field applicable to the role and its projects.
- You have mastered designer tools (or otherwise are able to pick them up quickly), such as Figma, Invision for prototypes, design systems and wireframes; and other design tools for the creation of visual assets such as Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Proactive at communicating, both verbally and in written form, and coordinating with the team.
- Self-organized and autonomous, expect minimal management in a flexible and remote work environment.
- Verbal and written fluency in English in order to communicate in the organization or make presentations internally.
- Designed on applications and end-user interfaces in the blockchain industry.
- Have used applications or products of the blockchain industry before.
- Passionate about emerging technologies and excited about their possible impacts in the world.
- Experience with front-end development.
- Organized, participated, and/or spoken at UI/UX and designer meetups or conferences and enjoys being involved with open-source communities.
- Fluency in other languages.
Preferred if residing within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones. Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking. Often we find that products are best designed not in a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔.