Headquarters: Boise, Idaho
PlexTrac, Inc. is a cybersecurity company on a mission to empower security teams to identify and eliminate the biggest threats to their environments. The PlexTrac platform enables the automated reporting and tracking of cybersecurity risks and allows for enhanced collaboration across the enterprise. PlexTrac takes purple teaming to the next level and is changing the paradigm around continuous security assessment and validation. This innovative approach has allowed PlexTrac to gain significant traction among companies and teams of all sizes, including several of the Fortune 500.
Having recently closed a $10 million Series A funding round, PlexTrac is poised for exponential growth and is seeking top notch talent for strategic roles to join the team. Candidates interested in leveraging extensive professional experience to build innovative programs around a new concept in the cybersecurity market and who love working in a fast-paced, energetic start-up environment should apply!
PlexTrac Mission and Culture is to empower teams to win the right cybersecurity battles. PlexTrac is culturally a mission-oriented organization, by which we mean that we seek to make the lives of our customers better knowing that their improved efficiency and effectiveness has a direct impact on the security of our world. Likewise, we seek to improve the lives of our employees by creating a workplace in which they can flourish professionally and personally. We are flexible, creative, collaborative, detail oriented, humble, hard workers who practice what we preach. Those attributes in our team members lead to and are rewarded with a fast-paced, never boring, fun loving work environment — whether we are physically or virtually present with one another.
Our core values describe us as humans and leaning into them is how we define success.
- Integrity with accountability
- Service drives profits
- Aggressive innovation
- Positively impact people
Are you looking for world class culture that you can sink your product design skillset into while working with a high functioning product team? We are looking for a Product Designer whose responsibility is to challenge assumptions and demystify problems through user research. This role will assist in prototype and validation of solution hypotheses. You must be fluent in visual asset management, demonstrate ability in development-ready design and most of all, deliver great product design. Are you up to the challenge?
- Crafts prototypes, visual designs, and creative assets.
- Distills complex problems into simple design experiences that balance business and user goals.
- Works closely with the Product Manager and Development team to build the right user-centric solutions in an agile environment.
- Thrives in understanding the big picture and then carrying validated solutions through execution and delivery.
- Leads design discussions and works collaboratively in a product team environment.
- Facilitates design discussions with clients, users, and employees
- Pitches, explains, and gets many different roles in the organization excited about design ideas.
- Validates design ideas through user testing, data analysis, and other forms of feedback.
- Works to maintain a cohesive visual style guide and design language.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in decision-making, manage multiple priorities, and use initiative in managing job responsibilities.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
Design Chops: You have a formal background and education in design (or related). You do great user-centered design. You treat every design as a hypothesis and welcome user research data that challenge your assumptions. You feel comfortable taking on moderately complex problems and issues. You welcome design critique and gracefully discern when it’s the right time to defend versus the right time to listen and learn.
User-Centered: You know your way around setting up user testing and getting feedback from end users. You know how to ask for feedback and are confident in using tools that help you get it. You use feedback loops to rapidly iterate on your design vision and your process feels hollow without them.
Communication and Facilitation: You can participate in discussions with clients. You can walk through design vision and feasibility with an engineer. You know when to bring in experienced staff to solve larger issues. You can collaborate and critique design with your fellow designers. Whether you’re facilitating or participating, you know how to contribute.
Process and Design Methods: Knowledge of design thinking, service design, design sprints, iterative design, and/or dual track agile a plus. You know how to pull up a chair and help folks work collaboratively. You can manage projects and prioritize work with some supervision.
Technical Understanding: You are ready to work hand in hand with development. You have moderate knowledge of platform/browser capability and common usability issues. You know what’s really needed of your design work from a technical perspective.
- Competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision; 100% employer paid for employee only!
- Flexible work schedule - WFH, WFO
- Flexible Time Off
- World Class Culture
PlexTrac provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.