Brainrider is a marketing and creative agency with teams in Menlo Park/San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, New York City, London, and Toronto. We work with ambitious marketers, in-house creative teams, and internal agencies to do more by filling capability and capacity gaps and enabling them to execute their marketing and creative at scale.
We believe collaboration is at its best when we feel at home, so we work as a team - plain and simple. Whether we're brainstorming better marketing ideas for our clients, or pushing the gas to meet a tight deadline, it all happens with adaptability, optimism, and teamwork. When you join us, you may be pleasantly surprised to find yourself surrounded by smart, genuinely down-to-earth and inclusive people who want to grow with you.
Are you our next team member?
Brainrider is seeking an experienced and creative video editor with motion experience to produce engaging video content built from event footage, existing videos, social content, and various other sources.
You are proficient in video editing programs including Adobe Premiere, After Effects, DaVinci, etc. You take pride in being detail-oriented and creative while also able to work within pre-defined brand and style guidelines. The job requires keeping the project's message clear, its aesthetics clean, meeting all deadlines and driving the project to completion no matter your level of involvement.
You will work closely with the video marketing lead, creative director, cross-functional stakeholders, content leads, subject matter experts, and external vendors.
What You'll Do:
- Video editing of highlight reels, sizzles, event loops, and other video projects
- Able to cut footage effectively to music, using transitions/effects thoughtfully (split screen, rotation, clean cuts, etc.)
- Must be able to follow style guides including brand communication guidelines
- Able to incorporate simple motion graphics within a video file (to illustrate statistics, include brand assets like lower thirds, logos, bugs, etc.
- Able to add in captions via SRT file making sure that the timing of the captions is correct to the visuals
- Follow project management workflows, processes, and brand guidelines, and suggest improvement opportunities as they come up
- Problem-solve in all aspects of video production, including technical and content issues
- Encode final project video files for various uses
- Able to cut existing footage into a different format (16:9 to 1:1 for example)
- Manage project assets (footage, graphics, SRT files, audio, etc.) from capture/creation through archiving
- Remain current with film/video industry best practices for all aspects of production and suggest important process or technology adoptions
- 3+ years of experience as a video editor
- Demo reels/example projects available online
- Experience with all aspects of video production
- Passion for the medium, well-paced editing, quality, and clarity
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects. Illustrator proficiency a plus. DaVinci experience a plus
- Strong technical and video problem-solving skills (frame rates, mixing interlaced and progressive footage, composition, color correction)
- Basic motion graphics skills
- Experience with motion graphics design and animation
This is a full-time embedded position working 100% with our client. This position is remote until further notice, following COVID-19 recommended SIP guidelines.
We offer competitive salaries, paid vacation, work from home (WFH) support and set-up assistance, 401K options and a wide variety of other great perks!
The Fine Print
- Thank you for including the link to your demo/video reel with your application
- All demos/video reels will be reviewed; candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted
- You can learn more about working with us at Brainrider Careers
Relocation and sponsorship are not provided.