We’re seeking an experienced writer and front-end developer to join our fully remote team on a full-time (30hrs-40hrs per week) basis. We realize this sounds like two jobs, and it probably is, but we’re looking for someone who can competently do both. Does that person exist? We aim to find out.
PS – If you’re reading this and think, “I could have written this so much better,” well, now you know why we’re looking for a writer.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You will be writing copy, designing web pages, and deploying them live on our members’ sites.
You’ll be working directly with clients and as part of our team. We’re looking for someone who is fluent in English, both verbally and in writing, and who can expertly communicate with our members and their audiences.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Actively participating in digital strategy and media planning meetings (we don’t do weekly standups or anything like that and all of our Zoom meetings are audio-only – we care about the work, not what’s on your bookcase)
- Performing keyword research and writing copy for both long and short-form pieces
- Work with other team members to implement a cohesive and integrated strategy for clients
- Compile reports to quantify the results and communicate them to the team and clients
- Staying informed with SEO best practices, new trends and technologies, and platform updates
HOW TO TELL IF YOU’LL BE A GREAT FIT
- You embrace the writing grind. We’ve got a lot of content that needs to be knocked out.
- You won’t dread writing about the same topic extensively. It’s critical that our sites focus on specific topics that generate revenue.
- Can always find an interesting angle, no matter how boring a topic. Not everything you’ll be writing about will be boring, and we have a diverse portfolio of clients, but there will be times when you will need to write about the same topic several times in different ways.
- You know how to balance revenue and engagement. Yes, we want content that delights the reader. But we also need to maximize revenue while making Google happy. Finding the perfect balance between SEO rankings, reader engagement, and revenue should excite you.
- You follow the data. While writing is highly subjective, you’re always willing to put ideas to the test, see how it impacts our traffic and revenue, then iterate as needed. When data shows that a particular direction isn’t working, you gladly toss it aside in order to try something else.
- You find laying out a page design to be fun. You don’t need to be an expert, but if you really just want to write and don’t have any interest in layout, this role isn’t a good fit.
- +/- 3hrs from the Eastern Time Zone – generally be available from 9AMish to 5PMish EST Monday through Friday
- Must be an independent contractor – we’re not interested in outsourcing work to an agency
- Self-motivated – working remotely means no one is going to walk by your desk and check-in (fantastic, unless you need that kind of thing to stay on task)
- Experience with building and managing a content strategy
- Proven track record of success (e.g., helped a client achieve X business goal; retained a client for Y amount of time)
- Preferred example(s) of success: Helped a client grow their overall conversions generated via content you created, allowing the client to reach a target CPA/ROAS and has the numbers to back it up. ROI examples of 500% or greater are strongly preferred.
- Experience with copywriting and writing copy for conversions. Provide examples and some of your best-converting copy below
- Understands basic marketing concepts (e.g., sales funnel)
- Reliable, takes initiative, and finds ways to solve problems independently
- Passionate about developing knowledge and personal growth in writing, front-end development, and SEO
- Quick at learning; attentive to detail
- Experience with design a plus (e.g., Photoshop)
- Working Knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, HTML, and CSS (you don’t have to be a programmer)
- Experience with the Divi WordPress theme, CallRail, Slack, and Toggl is all valuable
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $20-$35 per hour, based on experience and skillset
- Work remotely – work from anywhere, wearing whatever you want, without anyone asking you to stay late to attend a workshop given by human resources
- Flexible work schedule
- Two weeks of paid time off per year
OUR HIRING PROCESS
We’ll process your application and if we think you may be a good fit, we’ll reach out to schedule a Zoom. That will be an informal chat where we’ll talk a bit about our company and about you.
If that goes well, we’ll ask you to put together an original piece of content on a development website. This will include researching, writing, and designing the post on a WordPress website using Divi. We’ll provide the topic and development environment and pay you for your time.
We’ll then review that and follow up with any feedback or further questions. If all of that goes smoothly and no one else does it better than you, you’re hired!
Visit https://gobarrelroll.com/jobs/ to apply!