Remote from most anywhere in the US
The Sr. Director - Creative & UX (ECD) reports to the VP of Marketing Operations and is a key operational leader responsible for defining the strategic design direction and planning and provides input for all productions of all LegalShield products and marketing initiatives. As a team leader, your core responsibility will be managing the day-to-day operations of the user experience and creative team while collaborating closely with development and marketing teams to own our product and marketing experiences. You will be expected to grow and inspire a team that executes your vision across all major digital platforms.
This role requires an appetite to respectfully
challenge the status quo, the desire and focus to usher in change and the drive
to build a world-class user experience and design team. We are in the middle of
a massive transformation with the goal of becoming the trusted, world leader in
technology-enabled legal and identity services. The keys to success are to
deliver world-class digital experiences that are clever and creative,
flawlessly executed and results oriented. We're looking for someone with an
infectious team spirit, an unbridled desire to search for earth shattering
creative solutions and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and actively
design with your team. We need someone who obsesses over our users' needs and
behaviors, gathers insights-both within and outside the company-that help
inform strategy and design. You must have a refined visual design aesthetic,
strong interaction sensibilities, and be able to succinctly direct others.
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity? At
LegalShield we see a world where access to justice and security is equal for
every human; no longer simply sold to the highest bidder. Seriously. We exist
solely for our mission to protect and empower people with the tools and
services they need to affordably live a just and secure life. We've been doing
it in the offline world for nearly 50 years, have just shy of two million
members, and have double-digit growth. However, we only recently began to pivot
to a technology-centric company with the infusion of some amazing tech talent.
That means we have the funding and stability of a seasoned company, but the
energy and future potential of a startup. The possibilities of what we'll
achieve are truly boundless.
- Work closely with engineering and marketing teams to implement a design system that spans from marketing sites and collateral through the complete product experience on mobile and the desktop.
- Deliver assets and creative solutions at high velocity that map to our organizational goals, are as functional as they are well-designed, and are differentiated in the market.
- Effectively communicate with leadership, team members, and our customers to make the most inclusive and intuitive products possible.
- Deliver a high bar of craftsmanship, while working within deadlines and constraints
- Manage a creative team, as well as agencies/vendors as needed.
- Make; be a hands-on leader, focused on design language, quality, and ensuring our product design reflects the brand and embraces our members and prospects.
- Understand and respond to customer data, steering the strategy of future creative directions.
- Demonstrate a command of creative methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills.
- Be a self-starter with the passion, ability, and energy to thrive in a growing company.
- Build strong partnerships within the team and across the organization, serving as a recruiting magnet (attracting and retaining top talent) and leading the culture of customer centric design at the company.
The ideal candidate will be a team builder, team player and a leader with the personal drive, passion, enthusiasm to deliver a key role in a growing company in a quickly evolving marketplace, and the following competencies:
- 10+ years experience as a seasoned creative leader with abilities that cross all facet and substantial exposure to a wide variety of disciplines and channels including online advertising, video, social and interactive multimedia to amplify brand strategy and storytelling. Ability to think creatively and conceptually, both visually and editorially, to identify the most compelling ways to achieve business objectives through outstanding creative output.
- 5+ years as a UX leader in an in-house and/or agency environment. Inspiring team builder who prides her/himself on collaboration and leadership skills - ability to bring amazing people together to make amazing things happen.
- Ability to develop innovative web and mobile UX with experience using customer insights and data to drive UX strategies.
- Highly knowledgeable in the website development process, lives in the forefront of innovative design trends and technologies, and has an extraordinary sense of aesthetics - a trendsetter, but not trendy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines with frequent interruption and evolving priorities.
- Consumer oriented with the ability to live and breathe the brand through our members' world.
- Strategic and analytically driven; understands that great experiences are the perfect blend of logic and magic.
- Expert knowledge in the design and development process.
- Advanced skill at applying product personality and brand to craft successful design systems.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrable skills in standard tools of the trade (e.g. Adobe CC suite of tools, Figma, Sketch, Studio/InVision and other industry standard apps)
- Demonstrable expertise with typography, layout, and color theory.
- Proven success in the high-tech industry.
- Positive attitude - brings a 'what if' mindset.
- Portfolio is required.