Senior UX Designer at Springboard Retail
The Senior User Experience (UX) Designer conducts in-depth user research and drives the development of innovative application designs on web, mobile, and a variety of devices from conceptualization to implementation. As Senior UX Designer, you will optimize all user interfaces and improve user productivity and satisfaction. You will collaborate with stakeholders across the business to establish a forward-looking user experience that touches upon every aspect of the customer journey. You will translate these ideas into a scalable, intuitive design system. As a key member of the Product Management team, you will work directly with the Engineering team to bring this experience to life. Because you understand the need for direct collaboration with the Engineering team, you have strong familiarity with modern design and collaboration tools and practices. Springboard Retail is a fully distributed team so this is a remote position.
- Gather meaningful customer insights. Create user personas based on field-based discovery research activities. Comprehensively consider the spectrum of user needs, including various user roles and the need for different workflows and use cases. Communicate these needs in a way that is motivating and actionable.
- Develop an overarching UX vision. Translate this vision into a scalable and intuitive design system and ensure consistent application of design components across all applications. Convert research insights into rich UX solutions across all platforms and devices.
- Produce sketches and wireframe mockups based on defined business requirements, translating product strategy into design concepts that meet user goals, brand standards, and business objectives. Enable prototypes to be used for internal review, usability testing, and customer demos.
- Work directly with Engineering teams throughout the development process to ensure that user interfaces are implemented in full adherence with the prototypes and design specifications. Continually improve the design collaboration process between product and engineering by ensuring that colleagues are using the best design collaboration tools and practices.
- Coordinate and moderate usability tests in order to validate designs. Test features and changes to ensure the quality of the product is maintained.
- Continuously track and report on UX-related success metrics.
- Provide expert advice and analysis on key user interface issues that arise in existing products and systems.
- 5+ years UX design experience.
- Experience in retail technology, payments, and omnichannel commerce tech.
- Strong user-centered, design-oriented thinking. Passion for great user experience and design.
- Experience with modern design tools such as Figma, Sketch or similar products.
- Demonstrated experience translating a UX vision into an effective design system.
- Demonstrated visual skills and technical acumen.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Sharp general business acumen and commercial orientation.
- Strong understanding of product development life cycle.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, collaborative, high growth entrepreneurial environment.
We offer flexible work schedules and the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from a tightly integrated, best-in-class team. Our team is fully remote so all of our processes are designed around facilitating collaboration across time zones and distances. Potential for contract or full-time work.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-design-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote design jobs